Pediatric Healthcare Associates – Financial Policies
PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REVIEW OUR POLICIES
- All new patients must complete our patient information forms prior to being seen. Established patients must update their information on a yearly basis or as information changes.
- Please notify the office 24 hours in advance if you are unable to keep your appointment.
- If your child has school, camp, or sport forms to be completed, there is a 3-5 day turnaround time.
- Before making an annual physical appointment, check with your insurance company. Not all plans cover annual healthy physicals or hearing and vision screening. It is YOUR responsibility to know your insurance plan benefits. If it is not covered, you will be responsible for any balance not covered.
- Our office participates with many managed care insurance companies. Should your insurance coverage be with one of these companies, we will bill your insurance company along the guidelines of our contract. Co-payments, co-insurances, deductibles and non-covered services that have not been satisfied, are the responsibility of the patient.
- To ensure accuracy when billing your insurance company, we must have a current copy of your insurance card on file. If we are unable to verify your insurance benefits you will be required to pay at the time of service. Your insurance is billed as a courtesy only and all charges including non covered services, deductibles, and co- pays are your responsibility.
- All insurance co-pays and percentages are due on the day of the visit, if not paid on day of visit a $5.00 late fee will be added. You will be required to pay for office visits in full until your yearly deductible is met.
- We must be notified of any changes in your insurance coverage and have the insurance verified prior to seeing the doctor. If you do change insurance carriers, please call the office prior to coming in for your appointment. This way we can have your insurance verified prior to your appointment.
- New babies must be added to your insurance policy before any claims will be paid. Most insurance companies require that you do this within thirty days after the baby is born. Please verify this with your insurance.
- Patient’s balances are billed immediately upon receipt of your insurance plan’s explanation of benefits. Your remittance is due within 30 business days of your bill. If your insurance company has not responded within ninety days from the date the claim was filed, you will be responsible for payment of the bill. In the event the insurance company pays after you have paid, you may request a refund. Any balance over 120 days will be forwarded to our collection agency.
- You are required to notify us at the time of service if this is a visit due to a motor vehicle accident-MVA must be filed with your automobile insurance company. Please have your automobile insurance card available with the claim # from your insurance agent.
- There are times when making a payment can be a financial hardship. Please advise our staff prior to your visit if you are in need of a special payment arrangement.
- All returned checks will be assessed a $30.00 return check fee. After two returned checks, we will no longer accept personal checks on your account.